Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Rococo Ombre Snail

Good morning, Stampers!  This is one of the cards I copied this weekend to jumpstart my mojo!  I did not originally get the Snailed It Bundle, but it is so stink' cute!! I love ovals, as you know, so this was a hit for me right from the start.  And, then it uses the FREE SAB DSP - Oh, So Ombre - in the soon-to-be-retired, Rococo Rose!!

Measurements:  

  • Whisper White: 1/2 sheet, 2" x 3" (oval), scraps
  • Basic Black: 4" x 5 1/4", 2" x 3" (scallop oval), 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Oh, So Ombre (N): 3 3/4" x 5" (circles), 1 1/2" x 3 3/4" (ombre)
To Make This Card:
  • First of all, I cut off (yes, cut off) the words from the Snail stamp.  I feel like it makes this stamp more versatile. I used my old "rubber" scissors.
  • Layer the Black and Ombre DSP pieces together, and then add to folded Whisper White card. Attach the Ombre strip to the Basic Black strip.  Set this one aside.
  • Cut out 1 smooth Oval from Whisper White and 1 scallop Oval from Basic Black.  Layer together and set aside.
  • Stamp trimmed "snail" in Memento Black ink onto scrap of White. I colored the Snail "body" with Rococo Rose ink and a Blender  Pen. The "shell" and "letter" are colored with Blends. Cut out with coordinating die.  Mount onto Whisper White Oval.
  • Stamp 3 "hearts" above "snail". I also colored these with Rococo Rose ink and a Blender Pen,  Attach this to the Ombre strip, and then add to card front.
  • Stamp the "conversation bubble" in Black onto scrap of White.  Add sentiment.  Cut out with corresponding die. Add to card where desired.
  • Finish with 2-6mm Googlie Eyes!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment