Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Charming Duck Pond Birthday

 I just love this DSP! So many possibilities!  I needed a more masculine card for my other Senior class. Since I only have 6, I could use the DSP from my 2 paper packs! Utilizing the scenic patterns and the ability to die cut some of the images (ducks) this makes for a fairly quick card. I also just love the detailed "circle frame" with these dies! I saw a similar card, and thought it was a Book Binding card.  My bad!!  This sample IS (my class is NOT) because, when you go to open it, the banner, and duck get in the way!!  Oops.  So, I just modified it to a smooth card front. Probably better for them anyway. Too much fun!


Measurements:  

  • Pretty Peacock: 1/2 sheet
  • Granny Apple Green: 4" square, scraps
  • Pretty in Pink: scraps
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (inside), scraps
  • Lily Pond Lane DSP(N): 1" x 4", 1/2" x 4" (lily pads), 3 3/4" square (scenic), duck
To Make This Card:
  • Run Granny Apple Green piece through "circle frame" from the Charming Duck Pond dies. Set center scrap aside to be used, later, for "lily pad".
  • Place Multipurpose Glue around circle opening (wrong side) and line up your "scenic" piece where desired.
  • Attach this piece to folded Pretty Peacock card, to the right of card front.
  • Add strip to the left.
  • Die cut "duck" from DSP. (Note: there are not many that you can use the die for) Add to card with Dimensionals.
  • Stamp sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink onto scrap of White.  Die cut with Banner from Stylish Shapes dies.  Add to card as shown.
  • Die cut 1 "lily pad" from Granny Apple Green scrap, and 2 full, and 1 "lily" bud from Pretty in Pink.  Add to card front with Mini Glue Dots as shown.
  • Finish with scattered, new Dappled Dots.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment