Thursday, March 4, 2021

Gilded Butterfly

I sat down this weekend to play with our Gilded Leafing. While I mostly just played and experiemented, I DID complete one card, and I love it!  I was working at my Mom's and forgot my Heat n Stick, so I was limited by what I had on hand!  I think it worked pretty well!


Measurements:  

  • Basic White: 1/2 sheet, 4" x 5 1/4", scrap
  • Butterfly Bijou DSP (N): 1 Die Cut Butterfly
To Make This Card:

  • Run Basic White trimmed quarter through Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder. Attach to folded Basic White card.
  • Now, to the "Gilding"!  I started with the "band" of gold.  Place a strip of Tear & Tape on your card where desired.  Remove top protective covering.  Add leafing to Tape. Then, brush and burnish with a sponge.  This creates an interesting effect, as the Embossing Fold comes through the tape.  Really neat.
  • For the "butterfly", I used a 2-way glue pen and highlighted the black, details on the butterfly.  I let get a little sticky and then put on the Gilded Leafing and brushed and burnished with a sponge. Just gorgeous!  Shape the Wings a little with the Bone Folder and attach to card with rolled Mini Glue Dots.
  • For the pearl embellishments, I took a sponge and Multipurpose Glue and added glue to the pearls.  I let it get tacky and then added the leafing. They are gorgeous, but a little messy to do. 
  • And, lastly, when I got home, I used my Heat n Stick Powder to Gild the sentiment.  Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark.  Add the Heart n Stick Powder, and just barely heat. (Note: In the past, we heated it from underneath!) Add the leafing, and brush off as before.  I die cut around the sentiment.  It was too big for my space, so I trimmed the Ornate Frame "tag".  I attached it, flat to my card.
  • Finish with cleaned pearls, or whatever embellisment you like.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment