Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Kindest Gnome Double Door Pop Up Card

I saw this fun fold several places and knew that I NEEDED to try it. Dawn Griffith had an awesome video for me to watch, as did Vy Tran. So armed with their direction, I set out to make my own! It really IS easier than it looks!  In fact I made 8 for my demonstrator meeting, and am thinking that I may do this for one of my swaps in Vienna!!  I didn't want to stamp and color so many images, so I relied on the die cut gnomes and mushrooms from the Storybook Gnome DSP.  So, here is my original creation using the Kindest Gnomes bundle and the Double Door Pop Up Fold!! I missed this one!  Oh, my! I made 35 of these as one of my swaps for Vienna!



Measurements:  

  • Pool Party: 5 1/2" x 5 3/4", 2@1 1/2" x 5" (mechanism), 2@ 2" x 3 1/2" (doors), 3" x 4" (label)
  • Basic White: 3 3/4" x 8" (inside), 2@1 7/8" x 3 3/8" (inside doors, opt), 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" (label layer)
  • Storybook Gnomes DSP (N): 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" (flap), 2@2" x 3 1/2" (doors), 3 gnome die cuts, 1 mushroom die cut
  • Subtles Paper Pack (N): 2@ 1/2" x 4"
To Make This Card:
  • Score 5 1/2" x 5 3/4" along 5 3/4" side at 1 1/4". Crease well. This is the base.
  • Next, we'll make the "mechanisms". Take the 1 1/2" x 5" strips and score down the middle (@ 3/4"). Then, along 5" side make 2 "tick marks" 1 1/2" from top on each side. Score diagonally from upper point to pencil ticks on each side, creating an "X". Repeat for other side. Crease well, along all score lines, back and forth.
  • Then, take your paper snips and cut along one diagonal crease, and up the center crease, once on each mechanism.
  • Trim 3/4" from front of folded Basic White card. 
  • Cut small scallop in Apple Blossom Dies from front edge.  
  • Emboss front with Gingham EF.  Next, mount to Blushing Bride Base.
  • Attach DSP to inside right.
  • Stamp 2 "apples" in Memento Black onto scrap of white.  Color with Blends as shown. Then, cut out with corresponding Apple Blossom Die.
  • Die cut 3 large "blossoms" from Basic White. Use a sponge dauber to add a little Blushing Bride ink to the center of each flower.
  • Die cut 3 large and 3 small "leaves" from Granny Apple Green.
  • Die cut 3 large "centers" from Blushing Bride. Add to the center of each "blossom".
  • Die cut "branch" from Crumb Cake.
  • Begin with "branch" going from upper left corner, to center of front.
  • Add 2 leaves near the top, then the "blossom" (I shaped mine a little). 
  • Attach the right "apple" flat, at the end of the right "branch".
  • Attach the remaining "apple" to the other "branch" with Dimensionals.
  • Add the other pairs of "leaves" and "blossoms", spacing as shown.
  • Finish by adding Iridescent Gems to the centers of the "blossoms".






1 comment:

  1. Oh that's funny! I just spoke about you and your card during my live on Monday evening (here: https://youtu.be/PtmY0Wwsxtc ), saying I didn't find the details on your blog! Now I can link it properly 🥰 Thank you again for your gorgeous swap received at Onstage 💖

    ReplyDelete