Thursday, June 27, 2024

Mallards in a Frame

 I am always on the look out for suitable masculine cards! The ducks (and the cute frog) in the Charming Duck Pond bundle just fit the bill! Actually, it all does, the stamps, the dies, the DSP!!  Well, I needed a masculine card for my Senior Center gals. I wanted to use the darling frame with the cattails, and the ducks, too.  I would have liked to use some of the DSP for in the frame, but alas, there isn't enough in the pack, or 2, for 10!! So, I had to settle for stamping and coloring, with a little DSP on the inside! The top picture shows the simpler card I did for my Senior Center gals.  The picture below, shows it stepped up a bit for my class here.  Notice the addition of the DSP in the corners and the additional color on the cattails!




Measurements:  

  • Peach Pie (N): 1/2 sheet, scraps
  • Basic White: 3 3/4" x 5" (to stamp on), 4" x 5 1/4" (inside)
  • Granny Apple Green: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Lily Pond Lane DSP (N): 1/2" x 4", 1" square (cut in diagonals)
To Make this Card

  • Die cut circle "frame" from center of Granny Apple Green piece.
  • Place White layer behind opening and determine placement of "mallard" and "duckling". Stamp in Memento Black, and color with Blends as shown.
  • Next, permanently attach White piece to frame. Shift as desired (this piece is cut a little smaller, so trim, if necessary.
  • Attach this to folded Peach Pie card.
  • Add White piece and DSP strip to the inside of card.
  • The stepped up version also adds DSP to the corners, and Peach Pie "cattail tops" to the cattails on the "frame".
  • Both cards have Peach Pie Resin Dots on the Lily Pads, triple loop Linen Thread bow, and scattered brass Dragonflies (OE).

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment