Saturday, November 27, 2021

Peaceful Place DSP Bay Window Fold (basic gray)

Here is another Bay Window card that I created using just a DSP border! This one uses the Basic Gray Border Trees piece of DSP. All you do is trim the 12x12 piece above the tree tops, split into pieces, adhere, and go!  I LOVED using this piece in this manner! I had quite a few, as I haven't used it, yet. It took me a while, but decided this was how I wanted to use it in this card design.  Video is over on my YouTube channel that shows you how to chop it up!



Measurements:  

  • Basic Gray: 4 1/4" x 11" (cut LENGTHWISE)
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4", scrap
  • Peaceful Place DSP: Basic Gray Tree Border, tree scraps

To Make This Card 
  • Score Basic Gray base at 3/8" - 1 7/8" - 3 5/8" - 5 1/8" - 5 1/2".  Fold card in half. Beginning at the outside cut edge, fold 3/8" score line up ("valley"), the next 2 crease as ("mountains"), and the last little bit fold up ("valley").  Or, look a pix above. Crease well.
  • Attach White layer to the inside of your card. 
  • Place Tear Tape on the inside of the 1/4" by the fold.  Attach this area to the card, like a Book Binder card.
  • Cut 12x12 piece almost in half, across the tree tops just missing the tallest tree. Then, trim the bottom so the piece measures 4" tall.
  • Now, starting from the left side, cut this piece at 1/4" - 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" - 1 1/4" - 1/4". Set the extra piece aside. You can use it on the inside right of the card.
  • Beginning on the left side, adhere the pieces in order, ending with the right narrow strip.  Too neat, right!
  • Now, take left overs  and fussy cut one large  tree for the inside.  
  • Then, on the inside, I attached the remaining piece of DSP. 
  • I stamped the sentiment from Merriest Moments in black, and cut out with the center section of the rectangle Picture This dies!  I then attached it over the trees with Dimensionals on the far right. (My Mom saw this and suggested putting Dimensionals on the DSP piece and tuck the edge under it.  I like that better!)
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment