Monday, September 4, 2023

Hello Irresistible Fractured Card

I finally jumped on the "fractured" band wagon!  This are just so awesome to make.  I have so many ideas rolling around in my head! There are MANY was to do this, but I found this one to be my favorite! (I used Lynn Dunn's version). You will need a square "focal point" from which to place the strips.  Decide on the size based on YOUR focal point. For this one, I used one of the flowers cut directly from the DSP. (Remember these are in our Online Store!).

Measurements:  

  • Pretty Peacock (ret): 1/2 sheet, 4 strips @ 1/4" x 4"
  • Hello Irresistible: 4" x 5 1/4" & 1/2" x 4"  (Pretty Peacock print); one, large die cut yellow flower, 2 die cut leaves
  • Basic White: 2 1/4" square, 4" x 5 1/4" (inside)
To Make This Card:

  • Center White square (or whatever focal point you are using) to the DSP. DO NOT ADHERE TO FRONT OF CARD, YET.
  • Next, take one 1/4" Pretty Peacock strip and lay from corner of square, along the cut edge of the square, and off the DSP layer. 
  • Then, lay the next strip, butting the end to the previously laid strip, and laying this one also along cut edge and off the DSP.  Repeat until all 4 layers are done.
  • Next, trim off the strips so that they are even with the DSP.
  • NOW, adhere the DSP layer to the folded Pretty Peacock card.
  • Decide what your focal point is going to be.  I used a yellow flower, popped up with Dimensionals, then tucked under the 2 leaves cut from the Lost Lagoon DSP.
  • Lastly, adhere the White piece inside. I like to add a strip of coordinating DSP to the inside.
  • I finished with scattered Loose Frosted Dots.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment