Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Old Hues of Happiness DSP meets New Elegant Borders

This card was, again, created for my card classes at the Senior Center.  They loved last months' using the beautiful Elegant Borders, one of our Online Exclusives. So I found this one using the retired Hues of Happiness DSP (which they love, as well). Since we used the "wider" border last month, I decided to start with the "narrower" border this time.  I LOVE them both.  Which one is your favorite?  Guess I'd better get die cutting flowers!



Measurements:  

  • Basic White: 1/2 sheet
  • THICK Basic White: 1/4 sheet
  • Hues of Happiness(ret): 2 1/2" x 5 1/2", 3 die cut flowers, 2 sprigs
To Make This Card

  • Take the DSP strip and cut in half lengthwise, so you have 2 pcs @ 1 1/4" x 5 1/2". Fold your white card base in half, and then adhere one strip near the fold of the card, and the other at the bottom.  If you have the luxury of a full 1/4 sheet, then just use the full shirt, however, I did not!
  • Next, die cut the border of your choice from the top and the bottom of the THICK White piece.  (I used thick white to make the details a little "sturdier".)
  • Stamp the sentiment of your choice in Basic Gray near the bottom of the solid part of the panel.
  • Die cut, or choose from your stash, 3 flowers of varying sizes.  I adhered the largest, first, flat; the 2nd, medium one I popped up with Dimensionals, and the smallest I added last and tucked it in under the medium one.
  • Next, I added 1 "sprig" - also die cut, and one 2 "leaf" - also die cut
  • Your bling will be dictated by the colors you used, as welI as which border. I used the Tinsel Gems 3 pack for both of mine.  Notice the "wider" one has a gem at the center top and bottom.
While I used retired DSP, you could use anything that would create a neat "cluster" as your focal point.  Oooo, I might just try a fall one!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment