Friday, February 23, 2024

Blended Delicate Forest

 The awesome black "silhouette" of this die is a given! The challenge is deciding what to put behind it!  I have seen so many options online.  I decided to try one with a "blended" background.  I saw this one and decided to give it a try!  The only thing I would differently is the deeping the colors of the blended background!  You need to give this technique a try!


Measurements:  

  • Azure Afternoon (N): 1/2 sheet
  • Basic Black: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White: 2 pcs @ 4" x 5 1/4" (one for inside) 
To Make This Card:

  • Begin by creating "blended" background.  I only used 2 colors of ink, and Blending Brushes.
  • I started by adding the Azure Afternoon at the top, bringing the color down maybe 1/3 of the way, making it darker at the top, and fading as I went lower,  I also added the ink in an arch.
  • Next, switch to Crushed Curry, and repeat for the bottom, leaving a little white just above center and blending the yellow into the blue creating a green color!
  • Center the "tree arch" die from the Delicate Forest Dies on the Black layer and die cut.
  • Some of the "leaves" are attached, so poke those out with a pokey tool, if desired.  
  • Now, go back to the blended piece. Create the "foliage" at the bottom, stamp off the "shrubs" from the Delicate Forest stamps along the bottom, leaving room for your sentiment. I also wanted some higher branches, and utilized the "tree" for that. How do you decide if you have enough?  I laid my die cut arch over it until I was happy with the results.
  • Now, you can attach this piece to the folded Azure Afternoon card.
  • Once attached, you can now determine where your sentiment will go.  Mine is from the Circle Sayings stamp set in the Annual Catalog.
  • Finish with black Sparkle Gems.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment