Sunday, July 4, 2021

Awesome Shelves with Plentiful Plants

I saw this awesome card by Karen Driedger-Lundberg and knew I had to try it!  No directions, or dimensions or any guidance, just a fuzzy picture!  (She had 2 other awesome cards, too!) I uses multiple "frames" using the Stitched Rectangle dies, along with the Perfect Plants Dies. I enjoy this type of "detailed" card.  I'm in my "happy place" creating them.  There are a lot of pieces to create here, but well worth the effort!


Measurements:  

  • Evening Evergreen (N): 7" x 8 1/2"
  • Cajun Craze:1/2 sheet? - for 5 shelves
  • Cinnamon Cider: scraps
  • Gold Foil: scraps
  • Bloom Where You Are Planted DSP (N): 3 1/4" x 8 1/4", pieces to die cut
To Make This Card

  • Score the Evergreen base at 3 1/2" (I usually do this while it is still in the cutter, so I know which side to score!)
  • Attach "brick" DSP to folded card.
  • Cut out 5 "framed" Stitched Rectangles in 5 various sizes.  The smallest is from the longer, narrow dies, the others are from the "regular" ones.  Gradually increasing the size.  
  • Arrange onto card as shown.  I did the 2 top ones and the bottom one, first, as they are flush with the edge of the DSP.
  • The largest I placed, after stamping the sentiment in Early Everygreen ink, directly below the upper right "shelf".  I laid the rectangle in place so I could at least center the words.
  • Then, add the last remaining "shelf".
  • Cut out various pots, one planter stand, etc from the Gold Foil and Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
  • Also cut out one pot, and 3 "plants" from the DSP using coordinating dies.
  • Now, "decorate" your shelves!!
  • Finish with a double bow of Linen Thread on the large pot.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment