Saturday, July 17, 2021

Peach Blossom Variation on the Spanner Card

This will be my last post for a few days.  I'm visiting my daughter in Southern Indiana, with a side trip to Gatlinburg, TN, and will not have my laptop with me!  So enjoy this sample, and I'll touch base when I get home!!

Dawn Griffin did a variation on the Spanner Card.  She called it something different, but I thought I'd give it a try!  I loved her use of the Blues in the You're a Peach DSP! Which version do you prefer?



Measurements:   

  • Basic White: 1/2 sheet, 2 3/4" x 4"
  • Balmy Blue: 4 pcs - 1 1/8" x 4 1/8", 1 pc - 2 7/8" x 4 1/8", 3 1/8" x 4 1/4", 1 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • You're a Peach DSP (N): 4 pcs 1" x 4" (stripe), center piece 2 3/4" x 4"
To Make This Card:

  • Fold Basic White card in half.  Crease well.  Now, cut from cut edge to fold 1 1/4" on each side. 
  • Adhere all pieces to coordinating Balmy Blue layers. Then, attach 2 "strips" to the front and 2 "strips to the inside.  Attach the larger, center piece as well.
  • With center flap down, take Balmy Blue strip  and attach to 1 1/4" pieces as shown, creating a "bridge".
  • Cut out one Stitched Scalloped Rectangle from Basic White. Also cut out a little larger Balmy Blue Stitched Scalloped Rectangle.
  • Stamp "branch" in Pear Pizzazz onto White rectangle.  Stamp off blossoms in Balmy Blue, add "centers" in full strenth Balmy Blue. Stamp sentiment in Basic Gray.
  • Attach to Balmy Blue rectangle.
  • Attach this piece to "bridge" with Dimensionals.
  • Lift up front pieces and stamp inside with the same "branch" that is on the front rectangle.
  • Finish with blue Artistry Blooms Sequins.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment