Sunday, January 9, 2022

Grassy Grove Shadow Box + Video

So, I try to make 2 cards when I sit down with new products!  (That's just for starters, it might be 3, and I go back for more!). I could envision this bundle as a Shadow Box or Diorama Card.  However, the grove die was too large for the cards I had done in the past.  Terri Gaines to the rescue!  She shared this awesome Shadow Box that I just had to try!  She combines the awesome New Horizons DSP with the Grove Dies to create this card! I love how easy this is to make and the results are gorgeous!  Please be sure to check out my Fri-yay Video for this card!




Measurements:  

  • Basic Black: 1/2 sheet cut LENGTHWISE, scraps
  • New Horizons DSP (N): 4" x 4 1/2" (select one with "green" on the bottom)
  • Basic White: 3 5/8" x 4" (sentiment on back)
To Make This Card:

  • Score Black Base at 1/2" - 5 1/8" - 5 3/4" - 10 3/8".
  • Cut "grove/window" between 5 3/4" and 10 3/8" score lines. (i.e. the 5/8" piece witll be on the right).  Note: This die only cuts a "window" not the outside edges, too! Also cut out 2 "deer".  I cut one from the scrap from the "grove".
  • Carefully crease well with Bone Folder, including the protruding "trees".. These are all "mountain" folds.
  • On the inside of panel, between the 1/2" & 5 1/8" score lines, adhere DSP. (If desired, stamp some "grass" before you adhere this piece).
  • Close front of card to determine placement of "deer".  Add Black Dimensionals to back of deer and place where desired.
  • Apply Tear & Tape on 3/8" tab to adhere end panels together
  • Stamp images and sentiment onto White piece. Note: I used my Stamparatus with these stamps to get a nice, black image! i.e. if the image needs to be darker, you can restamp the image until it is the darkness you would like.
  • Then add this piece to the BACK of the Shadow Box.
  • Too cool, huh!
  • I did not add any other embellishments as I think this card stands alone!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment