Thursday, January 6, 2022

Nature's Harvest Negative Image

I saw a version of this card that took the "negative image" from a die cut and used it in a card! We usually use the die cut, and toss the "waste", but this card uses the "waste" for the card! (I put the die cut inside!)  For this card, I used the returning Harvest Dies with the retiring Harvest Meadow DSP. I do like how it turned out.  I'll be looking at my dies differently in the future!


Measurements:  

  • Soft Succulent: 1/2 sheet
  • Harvest Meadow DSP: 4" x 5 1/4" (soft succulent print), 2 3/4" x 5 1/4" (coral print)
  • Basic White: 2 3/8" x 4 7/8"
To Make This Card:
  • Attach DSP to folded Soft Succulent card.
  • Cut desired die from White piece.  Save the die cut, and run the "negative" through the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.  
  • Attach this piece to the Coral DSP. If using the "thistle" be extremely careful with the details.  You might want to use the Multipurpose Glue and a sponge dauber for this.
  • Attach this piece to card where desired. I chose the center, but offset to the left would be nice, too.
  • Finish with a bow of Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon and Pearls.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment