Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Carousel Horses Corner Bookmark Card

This month for my monthly Stamp Club, we are exploring the Carousel Horses Bundle from the New Annual Catalog! For Stamp Club, I always create one Basic Card, and one creative or fun fold!  Here is the "creative" card that we will be doing on Saturday.  I used the Bright & Beautiful DSP (that goes on sale Thursday) along with our returning colors - Berry Burst and Fresh Freesia. Before I created this one specifically using the Carousel Horses, I created 2 other ideas designed by Karen Titus.  I will post those later! (they use retired products).  So, Enjoy!!




Measurements:  

  • Berry Burst (ret): 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (base), 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" (layer), 3" square (circle)
  • Fresh Freesia (ret): 3" square (circle)
  • Basic White: 3 1/4" x 6 1/2" (card), scrap
  • Bright & Beautiful DSP (N): 4" x 5 1/4" (one pattern), 5" square (2nd pattern - for bookmark).
To Make This Card:

  Bookmark
  • Take the 5" square of DSP (our 6x6 paper packs are perfect for this card!). Fold it in half, open it up, and then fold it in half, and ope it up again.
  • Next, remove one 2 1/2" square. Throw this piece away.
  • Now, lay this piece flat on a table, and fold the opposing "square" to the center, leaving about 1/4" all the way around it.
  • To finish, fold the 2 remaining "squares" under the diagonal fold. Add adhesive along one bottom fold and secure.
  • Create an "accent" piece, and your "bookmark" is done!
  • For my accent piece, I stamped one of the smaller "Carousel Horses" onto a scrap of white. Stamp the details (too cool, no coloring) and then cut out with corresponding die.
  • I, then, trimmed off the "poles" leaving me with just the "horse".
  • Attach the horse to a Stitched Circle in Fresh Freesia, from the Stylish Shapes dies.  I used the 3rd from the largest for this layer.
  • Lastly, add the circle to the "triangle" of the "bookmark".
  • You'll need to add a "pull" to your "bookmark" so that the recepient knows to remove this piece.  I added a folded 3" piece of ribbon, between the cut edges.  This could also be bakers twine, linen thread, or whatever you have.  I used the White Glitter Ribbon.
  • You'll adhere the front "triangle" to itself, sandwiching the "pull" in between.
Card
  • For the card that the "bookmark" is attached to, fold the White piece in half.  Attach to Berry Burst layer. 
  • Cut a Stitched Circle from Berry Burst cardstock.  I used the 2nd from the largest for this layer.
  • Add this to the White card, onto the upper right corner, just missing the cut edges.
  • If desired, add a strip of DSP, from the 6x6 piece to the bottom. 
  • Then, add a sentiment right above the strip.
  • To finish the card, attach the 4" x 5 1/4" of DSP to the Berry Burst Card Base.  Then, add the White card.
  • Finish with new, scattered Tinsel Dots.  I also added a strip of DSP to the inside of the White card.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment