Thursday, May 18, 2023

Serene Lazy Days

I love stamp sets that have a lot of pieces that you can use to create multiple scenes! Our new Lazy Days just fits the bill!! I combined several cards I had seen to make my version.  What I wanted to try is blending a soft background in a soft shape, first, and then creating my scene on top of that.  I'm not sure if the oval (a retired die) is what I want for this version, but here it is!  This also uses some of our new colors of Blends and our new Pecan Pie and Azure Afternoon Core Colors!  Can you spot them!


Measurements:  

  • Thick Basic White: 1/2 sheet
  • Basic White: 2-1/4 sheets - one for die cut pieces, one for "mask"
To Make This Card:
  • Begin by making a "mask" of your desired "window" shape from one of the 1/4 sheets.  I chose a larger oval from an older set of Stampin' Up! dies.
  • Fold Thick White card base in half.  Line up "mask" where desired. (Option: you could also use the cut out from your mask, add your color to it, and then place the layer on your folded card.)
  • Take Balmy Blue ink and a larger Blending Brush and burnish color onto top half of card.  Continue with Crumb Cake and a different brush.  Less is more here.  You can always go back and add more!
  • Stamp the "chair", "hanging plant", table, and plant in Pecan Pie ink onto scraps of White.  Cut out with corresponding dies.
  • Stamp "rug" in Azure Afternoon and cut out with its' corresponding die.
  • And, lastly, cut out the "rail" and "decorative pillar" (you will NOT use all of the lattice!)
  • I started with the "rug" and built my scene up from there. 
  • Note: you might want to plan ahead and decide what you would like dimensional, and cut out with the Dimensional Adhesive Sheet!  I thought of that later!
  • I attached the "rail" and "pillar" next. And, then decorate with whatever pieces you would like.  Don't forget to color them!
  • Lastly, I added a sentiment in Pecan Pie, and a few scattered Brass Butterflies...oops, I forgot to add those.  Well, you know what to do!
  • Inside I added another sentiment in Pecan Pie, and the little table with 2 lemonades!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment