Saturday, October 3, 2020

Arrange a Wreath Noel

 I'm b-a-c-k!!  I apologize for being "silent" the last 2 weeks.  I was called upon to wear my other "hat".  I've spent the last 2 weeks substituting for a PRESCHOOL teacher (remember I taught High School) who has Covid!!  Teaching 13 4-year olds is EXHAUSTING!!  And, I'm not done, yet!  I have a full day on Monday, and then we'll see..  Perhaps half days.  Whatever I can do to help!  So, today is World Cardmaking Day!  I hope you'll take some time today to make some cards!!  I am participating in a Virtual Event with 12 other demonstrators throughout Iowa.  My presentation (which is taped) will be at 2:00 pm CDT.  Here is the card that I will be showing!


Measurements:  

  • Real Red: 1/2 sheet cut LENGTHWISE
  • Whisper White: 4" x 5 1/4", 4 1/8" square
  • 'Tis The Season DSP (N): 4" square
  • Red Velvet Paper (N): 3 3/4" square, scraps
  • Vellum: 3 3/4" square
  • Red & Green Foil (N) : green scraps

To Make this Card:

  • Trim 1 1/4" from front of folded Real Red card. Attach layers to front of trimmed card, and white inside piece to inside of card.
  • Use 3rd largest circle to cut an opening in the front of card.  Discard this piece.
  • Cut "berry" Wreath from Vellum square and "leafy" Wreath from Red Velvet Paper.  Set center of Red Velvet piece aside.
  • Use Multipurpose Glue to carefully glue both wreaths to opening.
  • Adhere Red Velvet scraps to pieces of Foam Adhesive.  Cut out with word of your choice. Adhere to opening on right side of card.
  • At this point you are done, except for the embellishing! I cut small "sprigs" from Green Foil to scatter in the Wreath, around the word, and inside the card.  I added small Red Rhinestones near the sprigs, and Basic Pearls to the front.
  • Finish with a greeting in Real Red ink, stamped through the opening.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment