Sunday, April 11, 2021

Ice Cream Pop Up Flip Card

I LOVE this card!!  I wanted to use the Ice Cream punch, but I didn't like how the punched ice cream cone fit on the oval or circle shape, so I tried changing the orientation of the card...my design!! As they say, "Necessity is the invention of many things!". My other cool discovery, is that the Ice Cream Corner DSP sheets with the "blotches" on them, make for AWESOME "ice cream scoops"!!  I want to try punching out more!!  So, stay tuned!!


Measurements:  

  • Bermuda Bay: 1/2 sheet cut LENGTHWISE, 3" x 4" (mechanism), 3/4" x 2 1/4" (mechanism)
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (inside), 2 1/8" x 3" (oval)
  • Ice Cream Corner DSP (N): 4" x 5 1/4"
To Make This Card:

  • Attach Ice Cream Cone DSP piece to folded Bermuda Bay card, around the outside edges only. (Note: I also added a 4" x 5 1/4" Pool Party piece, but this makes the Oval tough to cut)
  • Cut large stitched oval from front of card. I discovered that you can still center the Oval with this orientation, and still have the mechanism hidden and working! Keep the Pool PBermuda Bay piece for the "base". Discard the DSP.  Cut a smaller, stitched Oval Basic White..Layer together.  
  • Score the 3" x 4" Bermuda Bay piece at 1", 2", 3". Crease well.  Fold this piece in half. Add Tear & Tape to one outside 1" area, one of the ends. Flip this over and adhere to inside of card, with cut edge along fold of card. "Eyeball" this so it is centered behind the Oval opening.
  • Keeping this piece folded in half, add Tear & Tape to the other "end" and close the card!  Voila the first mechanism/pop up!
  • Now, take the 3/4" strip and score at 1 1/4". Hold in half and crease well. Flip over so the longer side is up, and place Tear & Tape on this area. Close your card, and place this mechanism so the adhesive side is down, short side is up, and cut edge is against the oval. Press down.
  • Now place some adhesive on the shorter side. Close card, and place cut circles in the opening and attach to the flap with the adhesive on it. Check to see that it works!!  Isn't it fun!!
  • Finish by adding Punched Ice Cream Cone to the front. The sentiments in this set are AWESOME.  I stamped the Happy Birthday in Bermuda Bay!
  • The ribbon is a retired reversible ribbon.
  • My card wouldn't stay closed, so I added a clear velcro dot!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment