Saturday, February 19, 2022

Stunning 3D Tulip Card + Video

Sorry, for some reason, this did not get posted yesterday, so you'll have 2 today!!

This color combination of this card is just stunning!  It combines Basic Gray with Pink (Blushing Bride/Flirty Flamingo) and Soft Succulent! I love the shades in the FREE SAB Simply Marbleous DSP for the Dimensional Tulips!  Add a gray doily and some awesome Heart & Home DSP and you have a stunning creation!


This is my original.


Here is my video variation, which I DO like better.  Not as crowded.

3D Tulip Builder Chart

Measurements:  

  • Basic White: 1/2 sheet
  • Basic Gray: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Heart & Home DSP (N): 3 3/4" x 5" (gray woodgrain)
  • Simply Marbleous: 1/2 sheet (3" x 6")
  • Soft Succulent: 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"
To Make This Card:

  • Attach Basic Gray and DSP to folded White card.
  • Add Basic Gray Doily towards the top.
  • To make the 3 different tulips, you will need one each of the "folded" bases.  There are 3 of these, 2 full tulips and a bud. You will need 2 of the "V" shape insert, and 3 of the small oval inserts (there are 3 of these dies!)  So each flower has 3 pieces and those 3 pieces are different for each flower.  (I will be doing a video on this to demonstrate!)
  • Fold each flower "base" along score lines.  Attach together with Mini Glue Dots.
  • The "bud" has a "ruffled" top. It only has one small oval insert.  Place this inside, then set aside.
  • For the other 2, full tulips, attach together with Mini Glue Dots. Then, insert the "V" piece, then lastly the small oval.  I attached these, also with MIni Glue Dots, but you could also use Multipurpose Glue or Dimensionals.  Note: You might want to shape the edges of these petals with a Bone Folder.
  • Place the 3 "tulips" onto Doily, as desired. I attached them flat, with Seal.
  • Cut from Soft Succulent, 3 narrow "stems", 2 large "leaves" and 1 small leaf.  Arrange onto card as shown.
  • Finish with a Flirty Flamingo Bow, and Iridescent Rhinestones.
Product List

1 comment:

  1. I am subscribed and receive your projects in my email as I do other crafters. But you should know that I save all of your projects because every one of them is something I love and feel it is possible for me to do. I have never been disappointed. Thanks, Kathy

    ReplyDelete