Saturday, August 22, 2026

Surprise! Two Folds in One!

 Karen Titus shared this Fun Fold, and I'm hooked!! I have always loved the Book Binder Fun Fold, and on the surface, this looks just like that! But, there's a surprise inside!!  A smaller card, inside, that flips down!  It also showcases some of our gorgeous, soon-to-be-released DSP, Whispering Woods!! This sample utilizes several of our newer products in the Sept-Dec Catalog! So, many possibilities!!  (And, I have already made several - all with new products!)




Measurements:  

  • Pretty Peacock : 1/2 sheet
  • Pecan Pie: 1 1/4" x 4", 3 3/4" x 4"
  • Whispering Woods DSP (N): 1" x 3 3/4" (foliage print), 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" (image), 3 1/4" square (trees - inside card)
  • Basic White: 3 1/2" x 7" (inside card), scrap
To Make this Card:

  • Fold Pretty Peacock card base in half.  Open up and cut front flap at 1 1/2" from left side from cut edge to crease of card base.
  • Adhere this 1 1/2" piece to the card front.
  • Next, for this version, I added an extra, Pecan Pie layer under the DSP. So adhere those pieces to the corresponding front areas.  Then add the DSP.
  • Now, fold the "inside card" in half. With the fold at the bottom, adhere the piece of DSP (this is directional, so its' important that the fold be on the bottom!)
  • Open up the card and stamp your desired sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink. I also fussy cut a "bear" from the DSP and glued it to the inside.
  • Next, add this "card" to the inside of the card.  The inside is finished.
  • Now to complete the front of the card!
  • I stamped a sentiment from the Phrases and Frames stamp set (I love this set) in Pretty Peacock ink onto a scrap of White.  I die cut it with the smallest rectangle from the Nested Essentials Dies.  Add it to the front of card with Dimensionals.
  • Then, I added new Gold Dots, and knot of an older Peacock & Gold ribbon.







No comments:

Post a Comment