Monday, August 10, 2026

Soft Green Foiled Butterflies

 As I search for inspiration for our new foiling products, I keep an eye out for interesting color combinations! This one caught my eye!  I love aqua and teal colors!  This one uses Lost Lagoon and Pretty Peacock!  But, there is also some Coastal Cabana in the butterflies!  I just LOVE the Swiss Dots for a sparkly background!



Measurements:  

  • Pretty Peacock: 1/2 sheet 
  • Lost Lagoon: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  • Basic White: 1/4 sheet (Butterflies); 2 pcs @ 4" x 5 1/4" (one for inside); 1 1/2" x 4" (sentiment)
To Make this Card:

  • Foil one White layer with Swiss Dots Hot Foil Die and Gold Foil.
  • Adhere Lost Lagoon layer, and foiled layer to folded Pretty Peacock card base.
  • Next, Hot Foil the Butterfly Flight Die in Gold Foil onto quarter sheet of White.
  • Color, using masks.  Start with Coastal Cabana, a blending brush, and mask #1. Then, switch to Lost Lagoon with mask #2, and finish with Pretty Peacock ink and mask #3.
  • Now, you can die cut your "butterflies".
  • Select a sentiment to foil in Gold Foil. Die cut with corresponding die.
  • I decided to make this a "Landscape" card, so I started with the sentiment first.  Then, added the largest butterfly, shaping it a bit with a bone folder! I then had to decide how many other butterflies I wanted to use.  I chose the 2 smaller ones!  I adhered them with a strip of Tear & Tape down the "body" center.
  • I finished the front with retired Tinsel Gems.
  • For the inside, after adding a White layer, I chose one of the remaining butterflies and added it to the inside.  I saved the other for another project.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment