Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Any Occasion Merriest Moments Frame

This was one of my earliest samples using the Merriest Moments Hybrid Bundle.  I wanted to try making an "Any Occasion" card using a foil frame and one of our pretty Specialty Papers. For this sample, I used the Simply Elegant DSP from the Annual Catalog with Gold Foil. I have not added a sentiment, because I will Gold Emboss the appropriate sentiment when I need it!  Don't you do this, too?  Have premade cards, awaiting the right occasion??

Measurements:    

  • Very Vanilla: 1/2 sheet, 2 1/4" x 3" (insert)
  • Simply Elegant DSP: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Gold Foil: 1/4 sheet
To Make This Card:

  • Attach the DSP to the folded Very Vanilla card. (I have recently seen this cardstock colored with a Sponge Brayer and Ink!  I'll have to give this a try!)
  • Emboss the Gold Foil piece with just the Embossing Folder. Now, run it through, again, with the "detail" die. (This does NOT fit in the folder.)
  • Attach the foil to the card with Dimensionals.
  • Cut the Vanilla insert with the included Stitched Rectangle Die. (If you know what you want to stamp, or emboss, you can do that now, before you attach it to your foil.)
  • Finish with any bow or embellishments of your choice!  (I tried the Gold Ribbon, first, but this Cherry Cobbler and Gold is just stunning!)
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment