Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Traditional Poinsettia and Merriest Moments Hybrid Frame

Good Morning, Stampers!  Sorry I missed you yesterday! I was up at the crack of dawn to drive back to Iowa from Southern Indiana, where I was visiting my daughter!  We had a marvelous visit, but I didn't have time to fire up my laptop, and my scheduler seems to get the best of me! So here goes!!  Enjoy!

I wanted to make a sample with the less detailed Merriest Moments Frame.  So, I created this more traditional (in color) card with Shaded Spruce and Real Red.  I have had so many Poinsettias over the years, and still have the nice one from last year, but I love the shape and size of the one in this bundle, and I also love the holly, too!

Measurements:    

  • Basic White: 1/2 sheet, 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" (insert), 2 1/2" strip for stamping
  • Shaded Spruce: 1/4 sheet
To Make This Card:
  • Fold Basic White in half. Run front through new Merriest Frames 3D embossing folder centering image as best you can.
  • Emboss and CUT the Shaded Spruce piece.  This JUST fits, so carefully line it up on the quarter sheet of cardstock.  The "cloud" die fits INTO the embossing folder, so you can CUT & EMBOSS at the SAME TIME.  That's the Hybrid piece of this!! 
  • Attach this piece to the front of card with Dimentionals. 
  • Stamp sentiment in Real Red onto White piece. Cut out with included, Stitched Rectangle.  Attach to center of card.
  • Stamp the 2 "poinsettias" in Real Red as well as the "berries". Stamp a med & large "holly" in Shaded Spruce, also the "greenery" shown. Cut these out with corresponding dies. 
  • Shape the "poinsettia" petals with Bone Folder and layer on top of each other with Mini Dimensional, Add to card in lower left corner.
  • Tuck and adhere "greenery".
  • Attach "holly" leaves and "berries" to upper right corner.
  • Finish with Amber Rhinestones in the center of the Poinsettia, and scattered Cabana Rhinestones in the "frame".  These both come from the Holiday Rhinestones.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment